Over the years we get asked a number of different questions concerning the work we do and how we do it. So we thought it would be a good idea to list the most frequently asked questions and provide you with our answers. If there is anything other than what is listed here, that you would like to know, then feel free to contact us and we will be happy to tell you what you want to know.
May I have a list of current and past clients?
Absolutely you can. We are more than happy to provide you with the contact details of current and past clients where we can. There have been times when we have had to sign a NDA (non disclosure agreement) and so of course we cannot provide you with the contact details of those clients, but they are few and far between.
How will you improve my search engine rankings?
Because SEO is not a ‘one size fits all’ module and needs to be tailored to your own strategies, bench marks and goals, we can’t give you a definitive list here of what we will do. We will, however, outline the work that we will do for you in our initial proposal to you, once we have carried out extensive research to ascertain what needs to be done to improve your rankings.
Do you adhere to search engines’ webmaster guidelines?
Absolutely we do. Sadly the industry like any industry, is full of ‘cowboys’ who simply take your money and carry out techniques that may have worked 10 years ago, but the search engines have got wise to those methods and know how to detect if they have been carried out on your website.
You can check out the guidelines of the relevant search engines by clicking on the links.
Can you guarantee my website will achieve a number one ranking in the search engine results?
No we won’t. it’s impossible to guarantee a number-one ranking on any search engine. Furthermore you should ignore any claims made by companies or individuals who claim to have an insider relationship with the search engines that will get you improved listings and rankings. Only the search engines control how high or low websites appear in their search results and our job is to make your site attractive to the search engines, not try and manipulate them.
Will you share with me any changes you make to my website?
Yes of course. In fact we won’t make any changes to your main content. If we feel that your content needs changing, improving or adding to, we will make those recommendations, but we will not change a thing, not without speaking to you first. The only things that will more than likely need changing to help improve your rankings are key on-page SEO factors, such as:
- Title tags
- Header tags
- Alternative tags to images
- Meta description
- Schema mark up
How do you measure the success of SEO or advertising campaigns?
To gauge the success of our work, we track exactly how much traffic is being sent to your website and where it is coming from. We use specialist software such as Google Analytics SEM rush and Ahrefs to track improvements and analyse your competition , along with the keywords your potential clients use to find your marketing campaigns.
We also track daily your rankings within the search engines and monitor movements so we know what adjustments need to be made if any, to help improve your rankings.
How Come You Don’t Do Pay Per Click – Adwords?
Because there are so many agencies that offer PPC / Adwords management etc, we wanted to focus on areas of digital marketing that are underused and not offered by multiple agencies. We took the decision to focus on the likes of Facebook advertising and remarketing and provide the very best service in these areas as there are currently few companies that do offer these services.
How will you communicate with us and how often?
We are very flexible on this approach as it depends on your requirements. We have some clients who are happy for us to simply send them reports and updates by email once a month. Other clients want quarterly meeting at their offices to discuss campaigns and strategies going forward. And others like to simply touch base with us by phone now and again in addition to receiving the monthly reports. Whatever style of communication best suits you is the approach we take.
What are your fees and payment terms?
That all depends on the type of service you take from us.
Because not all digital marketing work is the same – meaning we won’t be doing the same type of work for a local plumber as we are for a national finance company – the work we do for you and our other clients is going to differ depending on what you want to achieve.
We offer 4 types of services
- Monthly retainer – this is the most popular service taken by our clients. They pay us a monthly retainer on a month by month basis. All the time they are happy with the work we do, they keep paying us. Our monthly retainer fees start from just a few hundred a month for local SEO and can go up to any amount, depending on what work we are doing for you. There is no limit on the monthly retainer, it depends on what you want to achieve compared to your budget and the amount of time we spend each month on your campaigns. Fees are paid by Direct Debit at the start of every month.
- Consultancy – There are occasions when we have been asked by web development companies or by businesses to simply provide advice, recommendations and even training to staff on how to carry out digital marketing. A business may simply want their website tidied up, some simple short term seo, some graphic design work, whatever the requirement, it doesn’t fit within a monthly retainer. For this service we charge an hourly rate.
- Long Term Project – There have been instances when clients wanted to use us for a long term project and needed to have an agreement in place for 6-12 months, even longer on occasions. This can be for a product or even business launch or marketing campaigns in other countries; whatever the requirements the fees and payment type on this service are negotiated on an ad-hoc basis.
- Joint Venture – this is the rarest of services we offer because we only offer this to certain businesses. With this service we do not charge any monthly , hourly or project fees, but take a percentage of profit obtained from our digital work.
What if we want to stop working with you, what happens?
Every time we take on a new client we have a service agreement in place. The content and terms of the agreement differ depending on the service you take from us. However, if you have hired us on the monthly retainer service, you only have to give us one months notice after an initial 3 months start up. Also on the monthly retainer service, we guarantee to never work with your direct competition until after 6 months have lapsed from finishing working with you. With the long term projects and joint venture services, we guarantee to never work with your direct competition, no matter how the working relationship between us ends.
If we do stop working with you, will that mean you will take down or remove any work you have done for us?
No not at all. We will not change or remove any of the content we have added, modified or optimised during the time we worked with you.Whatever work we do, belongs to you. We will simply stop what we were doing and wish you all the best for the future.